30th JAN 2017
How To Relieve Period Cramps Instantly
BY J.S. VON DACRE
WHY CAN'T MOTHER NATURE JUST TEXT ME AND BE LIKE, "WHAT'S UP GIRL?... YOU AIN'T PREGNANT. HAVE A GREAT WEEK . TALK TO YA NEXT MONTH!"
For some women, the day of their period looms worse than that dreaded exam they never studied for. The cramps are en route and it will hit them harder than a brick wall.
Cramps happen because the walls of the uterus contract to compress the blood vessels so that its lining can be shed. When this occurs, oxygen is temporarily cut off which, in turn, releases pain-triggering chemicals. This causes further contractions, thereby making the pain escalate.
Self-massaging around the area could stimulate some effective relief. It can be done whether you are lying down or sitting–it can even be done if you are at work! Here is how:
1. Position both your hands on the sides of your waist, just above the top of your hip bones
2. Place your hands so that your thumbs are facing the back (on your lower back)
3. Ensure that your fingers are splayed. Your middle fingers should be lined up with your belly button, and be about two or three inches from it. If you have wider hips, then do not place your hands on your waist and just press the fingertips into the area
4. Using your fingers, massage deeply in a circular motion. You are not lifting your fingers; it should be done in a somewhat rotating motion
5. If you have pain in your lower back, repeat the same process but this time, reverse your hands so that your thumbs face the front
By doing this, some of the tension that is being built up there should be released. Try this for a few minutes and if done correctly, the symptoms will eventually begin to lessen. Repeat the process as many times as you need during the day.