22nd FEB 2017
10 Life Truths You Need To Know Today
BY J.S. VON DACRE
ALL TRUTHS ARE EASY TO UNDERSTAND ONCE THEY ARE DISCOVERED; THE POINT IS TO DISCOVER THEM
Our era is one that is governed by instant gratification or self centred pursuits. People, places, and moments are too easily replaceable.
Most people will lose sight of just how fragile and fleeting life can be. Before we know it, we are older, which does not always mean wiser. Perhaps one day, time may reveal all the lessons you needed to learn.
Until then, here are 10 life truths that you need to know today.
1. Stop waiting for the perfect person, job or opportunity to save you. The only one who can save you is you.
2. You don’t need to validate yourself based on other people’s approval of who you are or what you do.
3. When problems arise, there are more people who will not be a good friend, than people who will be. This is tough, but it will also make you grow stronger and teach you who your real friends are.
4. No one is too busy to reply to a text that warrants a response. If you do not hear back from someone, it was a choice they made. You deserve a reply–not an excuse or silence.
5. Regret will haunt you far more than the fear of taking a chance.
6. If someone gives you his or her heart, give it the same value and respect that you would give your own.
7. Don’t follow your dreams. Chase after them full speed ahead. If you don’t, you have nothing to lose...except your dreams.
8. Stop postponing all the things you want to do until next month or next year. Despite what you think, you don’t have all the time in the world.
9. Call that person you either need to say "I love you" or "I am sorry" to. Do it today. It's not too late.
10. Life will not be easy but perhaps that is the beauty of it–that it should not be. It is the beauty, that we are able to define from every situation, that makes life truly beautiful.
"Don't be too scared of the shadows of all those beautiful things that could exist beyond what you see."
~ J.S. von Dacre