20TH FEB 2017
5 TIps to trick yourself into drinking more water
BY J.S. VON DACRE
Most will agree that drinking water is important for your body. But do you know why?
Water plays an important role in almost all areas of your body–from lubricating your joints, to managing your body temperatures, to giving protection to your brain. As a rule, it is estimated that men need about three litres of water each day, whilst women need around two.
If you find you are not drinking your recommended daily intake, here are some 5 tips to trick yourself into drinking more!
1. Get into the habit of drinking a glass of water after you wake up in the morning
2. Water can sometimes seem tasteless and dull. Add some of your favourite fruit or vegetables to give it some added flavour
3. Drink a glass of water before eating. This delivers a double whammy. Not only will it help with your daily consumption, but it will also cut calories as it will make you feel a little full before your meal arrives, thereby stopping you from overindulging
4. Some fruits and vegetables are known for having a high water content. Stock up on foods such as cucumbers, watermelons, cantaloupe and grapefruit
5. Add sparkling water to your fruit juices. This is excellent in more than one ways as it will also help you cut down cravings for drinking sugary, fizzy drinks.